Thursday, 9 May 2013

Bristol Water - Day 5

As my two days with Ashton Park were cancelled due to an unexpected OFSTED meeting, I went to Littleton to photograph their new UV filter. The UV filter eradicates germs from the water, and is one of the stages along the way to getting clean water that is health to consume.

The filter is situated on a lower level, so I shot images from above to get an overall view, as well as going down to the filter to photograph the machinery in closer detail, and utilising a shallow depth of field with varied angles.

I then went to the filter gallery to take some interior shots. The filter gallery is all white with white machinery, and I felt that I got some good interior shots that show off the space well. I also photographed some of the equipment in the lab, just as I felt I should capture it while I was there, as I have not seen a lab at a Bristol Water site before. I photographed as well a detailed, almost interactive map of the south-west (particularly the Bristol-Gloucestershire area and Wales) that used lights to demonstrate water flow in rivers and estuaries. I found this to be an interesting subject matter, and thought it was worth photographing to try to capture the glow from the detail in the rivers.

I sent the contact sheet to Paul, Sandra, and Janice, who also works in corporate affairs. She was especially interested in the shots of the UV filter, and would like to use some of them in the upcoming annual report that is sent to the Bristol Water shareholders. I would be credited for my images. She would also like to go on a shoot with me, so she can direct me to take some images that she needs. I may also be getting paid for this, which is a bonus, and I am excited at the prospect of having my work published and being credited for this.

4 hours (without editing), 27 overall  

No comments:

Post a Comment