Friday, 3 May 2013

Bristol Water - Day 2


On the 24th April, I went back to Stowey treatment works. The sand filter was being cleaned, which was an opportunity for me to get some shots of employees at work. 

The filter was being cleaned by three employees using yellow machinery, which was a bright pop of colour in the dull, neutral landscape. The machinery moved around in the big, square filter for a lengthy period, in which I took many images of them moving in tandem, and the gradually clean filter emerging. I experimented with motion blur in my images to create a more dynamic image, something that the people in Corporate Affairs are looking for. I also took some images of the employees doing manual labour with shovels, something that my employees are looking for. However, due to the health and safety limitations, I could not photograph them from within the filter, and had to shoot them from a higher level.

I used a tripod to get a steady image, especially with the motion blur pictures. I also used my 35-55mm and my 55-250mm lenses for a greater zoom range.

The contact sheet of my images from this day can be found here.

I am learning more about working to an employer's brief. I will learn more about selecting and editing images suitable for a client after I have shown them my contact sheets.

My contact sheets from the previous shoot were well received.

I have emailed the contact sheets to Sandra and Paul, and have asked when it will be possible for me to photograph the customer services department and the newly refurbished exterior of Head Office.

3 hours (without editing), 13 hours overall

No comments:

Post a Comment