Yesterday, I took the hot weather as an opportunity to take some more photos for Bristol Water. I had arranged with my cousin to go round to his house and take some pictures of his son playing with the paddling pool. Bristol Water wanted some images of people using water, so I thought these pictures would be a good addition to the project as it shows a different way of using water featuring younger consumers (so-to-speak).
My cousin and myself helped to set up the paddling pool while his son got changed. We got a range of his paddling pool/bathtime toys for him to play with, including rubber ducks, boats, and a toy watering can, that he enjoyed throwing into the water and splashing about with. I also brought the "Drip" mascot plushies with me, one of which ended up getting in the paddling pool and featured in a few shots.
This shoot was fun, as it allowed me to spend more time with my family, but also because there was no posing in the images. I feel that a shoot like this has to be spontaneous, not because an 18 month-old can't really follow direction from a photographer, but because it shows him authentically using the water - the way he has fun with it, and how he interacts with it (it might be worth noting that baby cuz has been going to swimming classes for almost a year or more, and loves the water, which probably made this shoot easier).
I ended up taking over 250 images during the three hours I was there, and I believe I captured many images that fit the brief set by Bristol Water.
I have sent the contact sheet to Paul and Sandra, and received positive feedback on my previous shoot of the filter being cleaned at Stowey. They have said that there are images from the previous two shoots that they would like to use, but have not specified which ones.
4 hours (without editing), 20 hours overall
No comments:
Post a Comment