Saturday, 23 February 2013

Placement Ideas

I have been thinking about my ideas for placements for a while. I would like to try working with students from secondary schools or sixth forms who have an interest for photography, as this is something that I have not done before and have an interest in as a possible career after I finish my degree. I would also like to perhaps gain a placement in the BBC or ITV West, as I am interested in a career in filmmaking and believe this experience could be beneficial to gaining jobs in that career path later on.

I already have one work placement lined up for the 27th April - I am photographing the Bristol Water Annual Dinner Dance with another photographer. I did this last year and my clients were so pleased with the results that I have been asked to do it every year. The preparation, event, and post-production will take a while, which will contribute towards my 120 hours.

I will amend my CV and begin to write cover letters to email to the placements.

No comments:

Post a Comment